Sunday 27 May 2012

Page 1

For this page I just wanted to make a pattern that would show a storm/ tempest. I wanted to make a beginning like in Shakespeare's Tempest. I remember seeing this video when I was younger and the images and the name have stuck with me since, especially the scene with the actual storm.

In the end I illustrated many wild waves all crashing in multiple directions. I then decided i'd see how my black and white image would look with a colour dropped in. Though in the end of the process I was thinking about making the book greyscale and printing it on hand made paper to make it look like an old antique book.
The colour I chose ended up working though the black line didn't show through clearly when I turned it greyscale so I made the line white to show all the 'white horses'.

No comments:

Post a Comment